Project Manager (Advocacy)
Are you passionate about social impact? Ready to tackle the world’s toughest problems? Eager to develop your potential in the fast-paced and dynamic field of consulting? Join SEEK Development as a Project Manager (Advocacy)
SEEK Development is looking for purpose-driven individuals with exceptional problem-solving skills, experience to lead projects, and demonstrated expertise in the field of global health. Our Project Manager (Advocacy) will have the opportunity to collaborate with prestigious and influential clients and to shape a growing, entrepreneurial organization working globally from the heart of Berlin.
We are a strategic and organizational consulting group dedicated to global human development and specializing in health. We envision a world where key players in society mobilize, innovate, and partner, so that all human beings can develop to their full potential regardless of where they are born. Our core purpose is to advance human development by supporting leading organizations to tackle the world's toughest challenges and maximize their social impact.
SEEK combines the professionalism of top management consulting with cutting-edge knowledge of the global development ecosystem and expertise in leading multi-stakeholder and organizational development processes. We support leading international agencies, national governments, foundations, non-governmental organizations, and corporations to maximize their social impact. For more information visit www.seekdevelopment.org.
About your role
SEEK Development is hiring for a project manager with significant and demonstrated expertise in the field of advocacy and international development as well as strategy consulting.
You will play a key role in managing our high-profile client engagements and more specifically, as a project manager you will:
- Lead the consulting team in conducting analyses, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing creative ideas together with the client to drive change and create impact.
- Manage client relationships and projects ensuring high quality of client deliverables and lead day-to-day engagements with clients
- Manage entire projects, helping the team to structure workstreams and developing innovative solutions together with the client
- Lead project teams and develop, coach and support highly motivated and skilled consulting team members who strive for impact
- Develop high-impact advocacy, programmatic and financing strategies, business models and partnerships for leading organizations in global development
- Support leaders in transforming the operating models, culture and leadership practices within their organizations to maximize effectiveness
- Serve as in-house expert on winning advocacy strategies, sharing knowledge and perspectives with clients and team members
You are passionate about social impact and want to put your consulting skills to work in the field of global development with a major focus on advocacy projects in the field of international development. You enjoy working in teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for our clients. You look at challenges from a holistic perspective to unpack the real issues. You have first-hand experience in managing multi-stakeholder processes to mobilize collective action. You are a committed self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in business/public administration, economics, social sciences, or related fields from a renowned university
- Minimum of 6 years of experience (minimum of 3 years in a leading strategy consulting firm plus ideally a managerial position in the field of advocacy for a leading international organization)
- Experience with client management in complex settings and with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in organizational development and transformations, process facilitation and leadership
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and present information in an insightful manner
- Flexible and able to lead a team in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Fluent in English, German proficiency a strong plus
What we offer
- Unique opportunity to drive social impact in a fast-growing global development consultancy
- International work environment with prominent clients
- Passionate, dynamic, and values-driven team in constant pursuit of excellence
- Mentorship and training to develop your potential and enable you to thrive
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “SEEK- Project Manager (Advocacy) /+[your surname]” as the subject line. Please also note your earliest possible start date and expected salary. Applications are screened on a rolling basis and selected candidates will be invited for a multistage interview process.