Lead consultant in France in support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Are you passionate about social impact? Ready to tackle the world's toughest problems?
Eager to develop your potential in the fast-paced and dynamic field of consulting?
Join SEEK Development as Lead consultant in France in support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
SEEK Development is a consulting group based in Berlin, Germany, dedicated to supporting and shaping human development globally. The group provides support to leading institutions in global development in the areas of strategy and policy, organizational evaluation and development, knowledge generation, and advocacy. For more information visit www.seekdevelopment.org.
SEEK Development is looking for an outstanding candidate to lead our work in France for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). We advise BMGF on a range of strategic issues and manage a network of consultants to support the Foundation’s advocacy and policy work globally. The consultant will report into SEEK Development’s Berlin office and directly support the Foundation’s government relations lead for France.
Consultancy: SEEK Development lead consultant in France in support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Time investment: Approx. 6-8 days/month
Location: ideally Paris; remote work possible within Europe
Overview of Tasks
1. Targeted intelligence, analysis, and updates
- Provide targeted intelligence, analysis, and updates on French development policy and budgetary developments (incl. attending and debriefing on conferences/meetings), French political and economic landscape
- Enable access to political and budget documents from government and ministries
- Provide support in preparing briefs
- Provide media monitoring and summary of key media coverage
2. Relationships and networks
- Prepare and provide support for foundation leadership/staff visits
- Coordinate planning and projects with stakeholders, incl. grantees, government, parliament, CSOs
- Identify and update mapping / intel on decision-makers, influencers, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Support relationship management, incl. dialogue with government
3. Strategic analysis and advice
- Provide policy analysis and identify potential implications for the foundation
- Advise on opportunities for foundation engagement
- Provide thought partnership and strategic sparring
- Advanced degree in economics, development studies, social sciences, public health, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-manage: working independently and proactively manage areas of responsibility with minimal supervision
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships quickly
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations; oral and written fluency in English
- Excellent understanding of actors and decision-making processes relating to global development with a special focus on global health and agriculture
- Networks within the French government, development actors, and/or parliament would be an asset
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with the subject line “France Consultant” at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org We are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis.